The Bank of Alma is the original bank and building that served the Alma community from 1870 to 1937. It was moved to this site to become the financial institution of South Park City. It can still operate as a bank, having one of the oldest charters in the state of Colorado. The charter is maintained by the Bank of Fairplay. On display are cancelled checks, paperwork and the various items of a functioning bank. Behind a teller window are balance scales for weighing gold dust and nuggets. A map of the Colorado Territory hangs tacked to the wall. A table once used by the customers stands by the door. A huge safe, painted black with ornate designs, stands at one end of the building. A pair of eyeglasses resting on a thick ledger suggests the bank president has just stepped out for a minute.