The Company Store is the gateway to the past. It was built on its present site during the major restoration of South Park City and welcomed visitors on opening day May 15, 1959. Its construction was made to complement the rest of the buildings in the town. The floorboards creak as one mounts the wooden steps on the covered porch. Inside, a coal stove gives out a warming heat, while a bucket of ashes stands at its side. It feels good, for there is a chill in the air. Old counters and cabinets from the Merriam Drugstore and Post Office equipment can be seen. Letters and postcards can be mailed from here postmarked South Park City. This is the only building where commercial items can be purchased. The Company Store’s receipts and admissions are used for further restorations and maintenance of the museum complex.